Flannel Sheets Reviews
After trying out different brands of flannel sheets for two weeks we were able to compile a list of the top five flannel sheets on the market. These sheets are known for their softness, durability, and color choices. If you want to save time and just want a great sheet set that will last a long time, we recommend Pinzon’s Signature Heavyweight Velvet Flannel Sheet Set. This sheet set comes in a variety of sizes and colors and provides you with a comfortable, warm sleep even in the coldest of temperatures.
Not all flannel sheets are made the same way. Some are softer than others and some are more durable than others. There are also differences in weight and price. When you are looking for the best flannel sheets for your home, there are some things you can look for to ensure that the set you purchase is high quality.
There are a lot of similarities when it comes to sheet sets, but when you know the different factors that can vary from set to set depending on manufacturer, you will know what you are looking for to ensure that you spend your money on the right set of sheets. No one likes to spend wasted money or have to deal with returns or exchanges.
We tested and tried out five different brands of flannel sheets and evaluated their softness, weight, wash ability, and other factors. Once the testing was done we put together informative reviews and also included a buying guide that will allow you to be aware of all the features you will want to look for before you make your purchase.
Top 3 Flannel Sheets
Flannel Sheets Buying Guide
There are many advantages to buying flannel sheets. If you are on the fence about whether you should invest in a set, here are some excellent reasons you should get a set for your bed.
- You will sleep better – Flannel sheets provide you with warmth and comfort right off the bat. No more getting into an ice cold bed and having to scissor your legs to warm things up. The other benefit to flannel sheets is that you will almost never wake up cold the way you can with regular sheets. Because you will not be waking up trying to get warm, you will sleep more soundly and wake more rested.
- Flannel sheets are healthier than indoor heat – Indoor heating dries the air, your skin, nasal passages, and overall can make you feel dehydrated. This drying can leave you susceptible to colds and sinus infections. It is far healthier for you to turn down your thermostat and get a comfortable, warm set of flannel sheets. You will stay warm all night without the negative effects of indoor heat.
- Relieves aches and pains, especially arthritis – If you suffer from arthritis or aching joints you already know that winter temperatures can make that worse. Flannel sheets help you stay warm all night, even when you are moving around in sleep. This warmth keeps the joints from getting cold and aching more. Flannel sheets are a wonderful gift for anyone who suffers from arthritis.
- Lowers your heating bills – Putting a set of flannel sheets on everyone’s bed can help reduce your heating costs because you can keep the thermostat at a lower temperature at night. During the day people are wearing layers so the temperature in the house doesn’t need to stay as warm. At night, most people wear a lot less clothing so turning up the heat is a common practice. Flannel sheets help everyone stay warm all night long so you don’t have to turn up the thermostat anymore.
Cotton Flannel or Micro Flannel?
There are a few easy points to remember if you are trying to decide between Cotton Flannel sheets and Micro flannel sheets.
Cotton flannel is best if the following applies to you:
- You often feel sweaty in bed
- You use a lot of skin lotions before bed
- You don’t want your skin to be in contact with synthetic sheets all night
- You want to truly have authentic flannel sheets
Micro flannel is best if the statements below apply to you:
- You have a small budget to work with
- You have super sensitive or dry skin
- You want a sheet set that is easy to take care of
Flannel sheets are a cozy way of enjoying the cold weather at night. They are soft, pretty, and last a long time if you choose a quality brand and weight. If you’re looking for something easy to take care of, that has a lot of color patterns and choices, and that doesn’t cost too much you will love having flannel sheets.