Flannel Sheets Reviews
After trying out different brands of flannel sheets for two weeks we were able to compile a list of the top five flannel sheets on the market. These sheets are known for their softness, durability, and color choices. If you want to save time and just want a great sheet set that will last a long time, we recommend Pinzon’s Signature Heavyweight Velvet Flannel Sheet Set. This sheet set comes in a variety of sizes and colors and provides you with a comfortable, warm sleep even in the coldest of temperatures.
- Flannel Sheets Reviews
- Top 3 Flannel Sheets
- Flannel Sheets Buying Guide
Not all flannel sheets are made the same way. Some are softer than others and some are more durable than others. There are also differences in weight and price. When you are looking for the best flannel sheets for your home, there are some things you can look for to ensure that the set you purchase is high quality.
There are a lot of similarities when it comes to sheet sets, but when you know the different factors that can vary from set to set depending on manufacturer, you will know what you are looking for to ensure that you spend your money on the right set of sheets. No one likes to spend wasted money or have to deal with returns or exchanges.
We tested and tried out five different brands of flannel sheets and evaluated their softness, weight, wash ability, and other factors. Once the testing was done we put together informative reviews and also included a buying guide that will allow you to be aware of all the features you will want to look for before you make your purchase.
Top 3 Flannel Sheets
|Pinzon Signature||100% Cotton|
View On Amazon
1. Pinzon Signature – Best Overall Flannel Sheets
These luxurious flannel sheets are made in Portugal from 100% combed cotton that provides the user with the perfect amount of strength so the sheets last a long time.
Features include double-napped finish that is on both sides of the sheets that provide that super soft, velvety feel that consumers love.
The combed cotton that is used in the production of these sheets is made with a process that lines the fibers up in a straight line so they run parallel.
This produces a mire compact, stronger weave that has been cleaned of uneven fibers and debris that can cause the fabric to become weaker.
These 190 weight flannel sheets are the perfect gift for a friend or loved one, who lives in colder climates. Gone are the days of sliding into a freezing cold bed. These flannel sheets have a 4” hem on the flat sheet as well as the pillow cases. They can be washed in the washer and dried normally in the dryer.
Each Pinzon sheet set comes with a flat sheet, fitted sheet, and two pillow cases. Twin sets come with one pillow case. The sheets can accommodate mattresses up to 17” thick. This set is available in a variety of colors and sizes to fit every need.
View On Amazon
2. Thermee Micro – Warmest Flannel Sheets
Thermee Micro Flannel Sheets are made from 100% polyester that combine the comfort properties of flannel made from cotton and fleece with its energy saving properties without adding any bulk or heavy weight.
These sheets dry fast and do not wrinkle, shrink, or pill. They are super easy to take care of and very comfortable to sleep on.
Thermee flannel sheets offer users a luxurious, soft feel without feeling too heavy or bulky and uncomfortable.
If you live in a colder climate, these are the perfect sheets to bring out for the winter so you are climbing into a warm, comfortable bed each night. Thermee flannel sheets are washable and dryable. They dry super quick which reduces the amount of power needed to dry them. Thermee flannel sheet sets are available in all sizes and a variety of colors and patterns.
View On Amazon
3. Mellanni – Warmest Flannel Sheets
Mellani is a well-known name in quality bed sheets and these comfortable flannel sheets are no exception. These sheets are made from 100% cotton flannel and exceptional workmanship to ensure the best quality sheets possible.
The 170 gram weight is not overly heavy or uncomfortable to sleep under during the cold months. The double-napped finish is on both sides of the sheets and provides users with a velvety feel that is unmatched.
The design of these sheets feature elastic all the way around and deep pockets to fit mattresses up to 16” thick. Mellanni flannel sheets are fade resistant, wrinkle resistant, and do not shed or stain. They are also pre-washed so they don’t shrink either. One of the great features of these sheets is that they get softer with each wash.
You can wash these sheets in the wash on cold water setting and tumble dry in the dryer on the low setting. Users that purchase these Mellanni sheets get a lifetime guarantee. This guarantee states that if you are not 100% satisfied you can send them an email and get 100% of your money back!
Flannel Sheets Buying Guide
There are many advantages to buying flannel sheets. If you are on the fence about whether you should invest in a set, here are some excellent reasons you should get a set for your bed.
- You will sleep better – Flannel sheets provide you with warmth and comfort right off the bat. No more getting into an ice cold bed and having to scissor your legs to warm things up. The other benefit to flannel sheets is that you will almost never wake up cold the way you can with regular sheets. Because you will not be waking up trying to get warm, you will sleep more soundly and wake more rested.
- Flannel sheets are healthier than indoor heat – Indoor heating dries the air, your skin, nasal passages, and overall can make you feel dehydrated. This drying can leave you susceptible to colds and sinus infections. It is far healthier for you to turn down your thermostat and get a comfortable, warm set of flannel sheets. You will stay warm all night without the negative effects of indoor heat.
- Relieves aches and pains, especially arthritis – If you suffer from arthritis or aching joints you already know that winter temperatures can make that worse. Flannel sheets help you stay warm all night, even when you are moving around in sleep. This warmth keeps the joints from getting cold and aching more. Flannel sheets are a wonderful gift for anyone who suffers from arthritis.
- Lowers your heating bills – Putting a set of flannel sheets on everyone’s bed can help reduce your heating costs because you can keep the thermostat at a lower temperature at night. During the day people are wearing layers so the temperature in the house doesn’t need to stay as warm. At night, most people wear a lot less clothing so turning up the heat is a common practice. Flannel sheets help everyone stay warm all night long so you don’t have to turn up the thermostat anymore.
Cotton Flannel or Micro Flannel?
There are a few easy points to remember if you are trying to decide between Cotton Flannel sheets and Micro flannel sheets.
Cotton flannel is best if the following applies to you:
- You often feel sweaty in bed
- You use a lot of skin lotions before bed
- You don’t want your skin to be in contact with synthetic sheets all night
- You want to truly have authentic flannel sheets
Micro flannel is best if the statements below apply to you:
- You have a small budget to work with
- You have super sensitive or dry skin
- You want a sheet set that is easy to take care of
Flannel sheets are a cozy way of enjoying the cold weather at night. They are soft, pretty, and last a long time if you choose a quality brand and weight. If you’re looking for something easy to take care of, that has a lot of color patterns and choices, and that doesn’t cost too much you will love having flannel sheets.