Egyptian Cotton Sheets Reviews
We researched and tested many different brands of Egyptian cotton sheets for 7 days and created a list of the top three Egyptian cotton sheets available. Egyptian cotton sheets are considered the most luxurious type of sheets one can purchase and for good reason.
These soft, comfortable sheets feel like a million dollars when you get into bed at night. If you are in a hurry to find the right set of sheets, we recommend Mayfair’s Hotel Collection 100% Egyptian Cotton Sheets. These sheets are considered to be the most luxurious and softest sheets you can buy and feature an 800 thread count.
- Egyptian Cotton Sheets Reviews
- Top 3 Egyptian Cotton Sheets
- Egyptian Cotton Sheets Buying Guide
There are many different brands of Egyptian cotton sheets on the market but not all of them are created equal. There are many copycat sheet sets on the market that claim to have Egyptian-like quality but when you are shopping for your sheets, you don’t want “Egyptian-like” you want the real thing. When you start shopping and researching the different Egyptian cotton sheets you want to look for specific features that we will cover in our buying guide.
We tested each sheet set for softness, durability, manufacturing process, and cost. Once we finished testing several different brands and putting together our top three lists we reviewed in detail the top three and provided a buying guide for you as well to help you through the research and buying process.
This buying guide will make sorting through all the different sheets much easier and will ensure that you spend your money on a quality set of sheets you will love putting on your beds.
Top 3 Egyptian Cotton Sheets
View On Amazon
1. Mayfair Hotel Collection – Best Overall
Sleeping in a bed made up with Mayfair’s Hotel Collection 100% Egyptian cotton sheets will feel like you’re sleeping in the most luxurious, five star hotel. The manufacturer focuses on comfort and quality and that is evident in the way these sheets feel.
The 800 thread count sheets are crafted from the very finest Egyptian cotton yarn, yet are affordable too. The deep pockets on the fitted sheet accommodate up to a 15” mattress without slipping off.
The breathable design keeps you comfortable all night long. The finishing process that the sheets have ensures superior softness that is second to none.
Mayfair offers consumers a 100% satisfaction guarantee that states if you do not LOVE these sheets return them within 30 days for a full refund. They are available in a variety of color choices that will match any room’s décor.
View On Amazon
2. Chateau – Most Luxurious
Another high quality sheet set is the Chateau Home Collection Egyptian cotton sheet set. These 100% Egyptian cotton sheets rival the fanciest hotel and bring that luxurious feeling right to your own bedroom.
These high quality sheets are crafted carefully with a tailored, classic look that makes any bed look terrific.
The fitted sheet is fully elasticized and securely fits mattresses up to 15” thick. This ensures that they will not pull off the corners of the mattress while you sleep.
Each luxurious sheet set includes a flat sheet, a fitted sheet and two standard sized pillow cases except for the twin size that has just one.
These 100% Egyptian sheets are available in a variety of wonderful solid colors that will fit perfectly with any home décor. They are perfect for guest rooms, Master bedrooms, the children’s room or on any other bed. Comfort this soft will help you get a great night’s sleep.
View On Amazon
3. Thread Spread – Best Budget
You will love going to sleep when you have a bed made up with Thread Spread’s 100% Egyptian cotton sheets.
These 1000 thread count sheets feature a classic 4” hem on the pillow cases and along the top of the flat sheet that provide a tailored, neat look. The looks are just one of the great things about these high quality sheets.
The breathable, fresh fabric is lightweight and soft to the touch and will not cause you to become overheated.
The sheets are made from 100% combed Egyptian Cotton compact yarn. Each fitted sheet has elastic all the way around it with deep pockets that can accommodate up to 17” mattresses.
This innovative spinning technology eliminates the short fibers and impurities which increase Thread Spread Egyptian cotton sheets are available many different solid colors that are sure to go with any décor you are using in your bedrooms.
Each set includes a fitted sheet, a flat sheet, and one or two pillow cases depending on the size you choose. All sizes are available so you can get a set for everyone in the family. All the fabric used to make Thread Spread sheets are free of chemicals and are eco-friendly.
Egyptian Cotton Sheets Buying Guide
There are many different features that you will want to look for when you are researching and purchasing Egyptian cotton sheets. Choosing the right set of sheets is very important because good sheets can have a big effect on your quality of sleep. We have listed these important features below to make your search much more relaxed and simple.
- Thread Count – The term thread count refers to the number of threads that run horizontally and vertically in a one inch square of fabric. Higher thread counts have more threads per square inch and are typically softer and more durable than lower thread count sheets. When looking for a good quality Egyptian cotton sheet set, look for thread counts that are no less than 200 count to ensure that your sheets are durable and soft.
- Fibers – The most popular fiber used for sheets and bedding is cotton. Egyptian cotton is a specific type of cotton that comes from natural plant fibers. These fibers are turned into threads and woven into fabric that is then made onto sheets. Cotton has a very soft feel that is very comfortable to sleep on. It is also very breathable so it keeps you comfortable without being too hot or cold. Other benefits of sheets made from cotton fibers are that they are durable and easy to take care of.
- Weave – The type of weave that is used to make each type of sheet set determines the look the sheets have. Fabric weave can be complex patterns or simple one and will affect the softness as well as the texture of the sheets. Examples of different kinds of weaves are Percale and Sateen as well as others. These two are very popular choices among consumers who are sheet shopping. Percale typically has closely woven fabric that has a fine finish and texture. Sateen has longer sections of thread running in one direction and has a super soft texture. Sateen is a very luxurious feeling fabric.
- Size – Egyptian cotton sheets are available in a variety of sizes from twin to California king. Make sure you take the size of your mattress into consideration when ordering your Egyptian sheets. Pillow top mattresses will need sheets that have deep pockets so they don’t slip off the corners.
If you are looking for a way to bring the luxury of hotel beds to your own home, you will love Egyptian cotton sheets. These sheets are made of the finest quality cotton to provide users with softness, breathability, style, and luxury.
Coming home after a hard day’s work and relaxing on your bed that is made up with 100% Egyptian cotton will provide you with comfort that you will look forward to every night.
Make sure that when you choose a set of sheets, it is truly 100% Egyptian cotton and not a knock off that just claims to be “like” Egyptian cotton. The brand will play a part in whether the sheets are what they say they are so get to know the good brands,
Check the thread count, the weave, and customer reviews and comments before purchase to make sure that you get the best quality sheets you can get. If cost is a factor, set a budget before you start looking and only look at the sheets that are within your budget. You can usually find an excellent set of quality sheets for less than $100.