Bamboo Sheets Reviews
We researched and tested out several bands of bamboo sheets and chose the top three based on the results of our testing. These high quality choices excelled in comfort, softness, cost, and durability. If you’re looking for specific recommendations, we recommend the Zen Bamboo Luxury Bed Sheets. These luxurious sheets are made from a blend of high quality brushed bamboo and a microfiber blend that will help you get a great night’s sleep.
- Bamboo Sheets Reviews
- Top 3 Bamboo Sheets
- Bamboo Sheets Buying Guide
Sheets made of bamboo may sound uncomfortable but the opposite is true. Genuine bamboo sheets are some of the most comfortable, healthy, softest sheets you can purchase. We tested many different brands of bamboo sheets for durability, quality, softness, color and pattern choices, and ease of cleaning.
The three brands we have reviewed below are all excellent choices that will look great on your bed as well as feel great when you go to sleep each night. There are many different brands of bamboo sheets available on the market but not all bamboo sheets are created equally.
There are those that are made from high quality bamboo and knock offs that don’t have the same quality or softness. This buying guide and the reviews we have provided will help you learn to tell the difference by giving you the features that you will look for when you start shopping.
Top 3 Bamboo Sheets
|Zen||40% Rayon/Bamboo |
60% Brushed Microfiber
|Cozy House Collection||40% Rayon/Bamboo|
|Hotel Sheets Direct||100% Viscoe/Bamboo|
View On Amazon
1. Zen Bamboo – Most Comfortable
Zen Bamboo luxury bed sheets are made from a blend of 60% microfiber and 40% rayon derived bamboo.
This four piece set includes a flat sheet, fitted sheet and two pillow cases (One in the twin set) that have been made with high quality bamboo that has been brushed for ultimate softness.
One of the great things about Zen bamboo sheets is that they are stain resistant and hypoallergenic which makes them the perfect sheets for those who have sensitive skin or allergies. You will not have to worry about ironing these sheets as they are wrinkle resistant as well.
Zen bamboo sheets are easy to care for because they are machine washable and can be dried in the dryer without compromising the quality of the sheets. They also offer a 30 day satisfaction guarantee that if you are unsatisfied with the sheets you can get a full refund.
View On Amazon
2. Cozy House – Editor’s Choice
Cozy House Collection brings consumers cozy and comfortable bamboo sheets that are a blend of microfiber and bamboo. This luxurious-feeling sheet set pampers you in softness while you drift off to sleep.
There are studies that show how important sheets are to the quality of sleep you get. These sheets will help you get an excellent night’s sleep.
These eco-friendly sheets are hypoallergenic, stain resistant, and wrinkle and pilling resistant as well. The breathability of Cozy House Collection sheets keep you comfortable and cool in the summertime and help from overheating in the wintertime. It also wicks away moisture and is antimicrobial which makes these sheets the perfect sheet set for those with bad allergies.
The fitted sheet is designed to fit up to a 16” thick mattress and the all-around elastic keeps it in place all night long so it doesn’t ride up or slip off the ends. These high quality bamboo sheets are easy to take care of and can be washed in the washing machine and tossed into the dryer.
View On Amazon
3. Hotel Sheets – Best Budget
Hotel Sheets Direct provides consumers with five-star quality sheets that feel like you’re sleeping on a cloud.
These super light sheets are lightweight and cool and made from 100% bamboo that is derived from rayon. The anti-piling, hypoallergenic features make these sheets ideal for those with allergies.
Another popular feature of Hotel Sheets Direct bamboo sheets are the thermo-regulating feature that stays cool when it’s hot and stays warm when it is cold. This means you can use these sheets all year long no matter what season it is. The deep pocket design fits mattresses up to 16” thick so they don’t slip off or ride up.
These super soft sheets are made from bamboo fibers that score the highest grade out of six grades. Hotel Sheets Direct offer consumers a sleep challenge that allows you to test the sheets for 90 days. If you are not satisfied for any reason within those 90 days you can return the sheets for a full refund. Each set comes with a flat sheet, fitted sheet, and two pillow cases. (One pillow case in the twin set)
Bamboo Sheets Buying Guide
There are many benefits to using bamboo sheets. We have listed the most important ones below.
- Stay comfortable all night – Bamboo sheets are very breathable and allow you to stay comfortable no matter what the season or temperature. One of the reasons is the moisture-wicking that this fabric offers that pulls away moisture and keeps you comfortable and dry. This is very important for those who tend to heat up significantly while they sleep. The temperature regulating will prevent you from waking up too cold or sweaty during the night.
- Stain Resistant – some people have really oily skin which can stain sheets. Bamboo sheets’ stain resistance keeps this oil from setting in to the fabric and ruining it or leaving stains.
- Resistant to Mites – mites and bed bugs are common problems even in the cleanest of homes. Sheets that are made from bamboo naturally resist dust mites and bed mites better than any other substance that is man made. Users have commented that using bamboo sheets reduces their sneezing and itching that they experience from allergies.
- Hypoallergenic – The germ resistant qualities that bamboo sheets have make them an excellent choice for kids’ rooms and for those who suffer from skin sensitivities or allergies. They are naturally antibacterial as well so you will actually be much healthier sleeping on bamboo sheets than regular cotton.
- Eco-Friendly – For those who are earth-conscious, you will be happy to know that using bamboo sheets is an eco-friendly activity. Sheets that are made from bamboo come from an organic source. Because the roots of the bamboo are not destroyed during harvesting, it is considered one of the few fully sustainable wood sources. When a bamboo stalk is cut, it quickly regrows so pruning and thinning bamboo stalks will not damage them when done properly. Another plus is that bamboo needs much less water than other fiber plants.
- Soft and silky to the touch – One of the things that users love the most about bamboo sheets is the luxurious softness. They will never feel rough or coarse no matter how many times they have been washed and dried. This softness lends itself well to a restful, peaceful night’s sleep.
- Toxic-Free – Bamboo plants are grown without chemicals, pesticides, and other similar products so you know that you are sleeping on safe fabrics as well which makes them an excellent choice for children too.
Important Features of Quality Bamboo
There are several things that you want to look for when shopping for the ideal set of bamboo sheets for your beds at home. These features are important and set the higher quality sheet sets apart from the imitation ones. When you start researching and sorting through the different types of bamboo sheets available, be sure to find out the following information and make sure the sheets you are considering fit the bill.
- Shrinkage factor – It is important to know the likelihood of shrinkage that your bamboo sheets will have after washing and drying them. The higher quality sets are typically pre-shrunk which reduces the amount that they will shrink once you get them home and wash them. They should fit your bed comfortably and continue to do so even after you wash them several times.
- 100% bamboo or blend? – The best bamboo sheets are made from organically grown, 100% bamboo. This will provide you with the softest fabric you could imagine.
- Size availability – Look for bamboo sheets that are available in all the common sizes from Twin to California king.
- Easy to care for – Look for bamboo sheets that can be machine washed and dried. This makes keeping them looking good as new much easier and less costly than sheets that need special washing and drying. As a general rule you do not want to wash or dry your bamboo sheets using extreme heat.
- Do they pull? – Make sure that the sheets you are considering are resistant to unraveling and pilling. Pilling can make the sheets look ragged and can weaken them as well. Follow the washing and drying instructions and your sheets will look good as new for a long time.
Bamboo sheets are not hard to find. Sorting through all of the different brands and styles may seem overwhelming but with the information above you will be able to pick out the best quality, genuine bamboo sheets from the imitators and end up with a great set of sheets that will last a long time while providing you with the ultimate in comfort and healthy sleep.